How to apply?
- Please download the following application document (.doc or .pdf) and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that the application deadline is 15 November 2017.
Are you eligible?
The SOLAS Summer School is open ideally to PhD students and early career scientists who have research interests in air-sea interactions, including biogeochemical and physical processes and feedbacks, and their links to society. Your research should be within the five SOLAS Core Themes and/or three Crosscutting Themes (see SOLAS 2015-2025: Science Plan and Organisation for details).
IMPORTANT: The potential success of your application is COMPLETELY independent of funding.
Once the review process has taken place and the successful applicants have been identified and notified of their acceptance, the SOLAS Summer School Organising Committee (SSSOC) will work with each of the future participants, individually, on a case-by-case basis to help seek financial support for his/her attendance.
Your application will be examined by two or more reviewers. The following criteria will be considered:
- Level and suitability of qualifications
- Relevance of study and interests to SOLAS themes
- Quality of personal statement
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by 4th December 2017.
The successful applicants will have to complete a few MANDATORY tasks. These are fully explained on our 'Student Duty' page within the 'Programme' drop-down menu.
Table of deadlines
|End December 2017||Notification of acceptance|
|23.07.2018||SOLAS Summer School begins|
- last update October 2017 -